Date: Tue Jun 20 21:41:48 2006
From: psz at maths.usyd.edu.au (Paul Szabo)
Subject: dns tunneling with win32 client / ProxyCommand

Stefan Drexleri <niam.tni@...glemail.com> wrote:

> [on UNIX] use command like this:
> ssh -o ProxyCommand="./droute.pl sshdns.server.example.com" user@...alhost
> this be accomplished on win32 system?
> PUTTY unfortunately doesn't have any "ProxyCommand" option ...
> Perhaps you could try to build up local SOCKS server ...

I do not think putty has any proxying capabilities. Have a look at

  http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/psz/ssh-with-skey

which does essentially what you want: instead of invoking the proxy from
within ssh/putty, have the proxy invoke ssh/putty. (I have a socks server
written in perl also, please email directly if interested.)

Cheers,

Paul Szabo   psz@...hs.usyd.edu.au   http://www.maths.usyd.edu.au/u/psz/
School of Mathematics and Statistics   University of Sydney    Australia