Date: Tue Jun 20 11:26:04 2006
From: joxeanpity at gmail.com (Joxean Koret)
Subject: Solved -flaws in e-business designer (eBD)

Thats not exactly true... because 2nd vulnerability says the following:

Input validation error that affects to:

v2.3.3 without authentication

and

v3.1.4 require admin access

That means that versions 2.3.3 have a remote vuln exploitable by everyone...
so you should admit the existence of the vulnerability since some of your
customers are still using that version (and they should upgrade)

And you never can affirm:

"The other mentioned vulnerabilities have no relation to eBD. System
Managers are in charge of configuring their servers in a secure way, whether
or not they are executing eBD ."

You should better say, something like:

"Some of the input validation errors are fixed in version 3.1.4, others that
require admin access to the application are not"

Anyways from a security related point of view... every input validation
error must be fixed, also in authenticated areas of the applications...

This kind of bugs, can be used to trick the real admin and create other
situations where an attacker could take advantage of the bug.

Talking about the 3rd commented bug... In every guide like "Building secure
web applications" says that is recommendable to force the autentication
throug SSL instead clear http ... that could be achieved by the sysadmin..
but is a good idea to check or force that from the application source.. (is
really easy to do!!)

Regards