Date: Thu Jun 22 00:44:38 2006
From: cardosolistas at contraditorium.com (Cardoso)
Subject: phishing and comment spam

Initiatives like akismet (http://akismet.com/) are very effective
against comment spam, and since web comments are not sensitive as
email, a few false positives are not the end of the world.

Problem is: It costs CPU and small rent-a-host servers can't handle it.

A Movable Type blog that I take care almost died, because someone was
spamming it's trackback interface with undreds of messages. No processes
left to legitimate users.