Date: Tue Jun 27 06:53:22 2006
From: joshuaperrymon at gmail.com (Josh L. Perrymon)
Subject: Sniffing RFID ID's ( Physical Security )

I'm just looking to validate if this is the case.
Are most RFID access control cards susceptable to interception? I can see
the security features built into something like RFID Credit Cards.. but I'm
betting this is not the case with RFID access cards.

Obviously, I can't validate this until I get a RFID reader/writer.

If this is the case then it's a global problem. Not only for accessing a
building illegally-- but this is a form of stealing a users identify. A lot
of companies use the backend data from the card readers to trend workers
in/out time and areas accessed. blah blah blah.

Plus, I'd like to try this on my next on-site hack.

JP
PacketFocus.com