Date: Tue Jun 27 13:37:58 2006
From: kenng at kpmg.com (Ng, Kenneth (US))
Subject: Sniffing RFID ID's ( Physical Security )

As with a thousand other technologies, no one ever takes security
seriously until someone gets whacked over the head with a million dollar
loss or a bad news story on the front page of the New York Times.   Time
and time again we see the same kind of mistakes repeated in different
technologies.  We see people picking the cheaper technology (all the
security is the same isn't it?)  and hiring cheap programmers (all
programmers have security backgrounds, don't they?) and deploying with
insane deadlines (they wouldn't take security shortcuts to make the
deadline, right?).