Date: Tue Jun 27 03:35:40 2006
From: slotto at gmail.com (Slotto Corleone)
Subject: The truth about Rob Levin aka Lilo of
	irc.freenode.net

Yes, Slotto Corleone has returned. However, this is only a message I've been
given to relay to the list:

Eyeballing Rob Levin

Odds are you've at least heard of Rob Levin (aka lilo), the director of
Texas 501(3)(c) corporation Peer-Directed Projects Center. He's been aptly
mentioned in the Register as a "professional online beggar"[1] and the
incompetence with which he runs the Freenode IRC network has been aired many
a time on popular blogs like Slashdot. In the past week, a group of hackers
took over the Freenode IRC network by sniffing lilo's *@...ound oper block
password off the wire, a gaping security issue that could have been resolved
via many different means-- an SSL port on a single freenode server for lilo
to use, lilo sshing to a server and IRCing from localhost, or the binding of
his oper block to his home host. This was proof enough for me that lilo is
an idiot that wasn't capable of running an IRC for a small group of friends,
much less one hosting hundreds of open-source projects.

But what of lilo himself? Is he really this benevolent, though sometimes
incompetent dictator he makes himself out to be? After the Freenode fiasco,
I decided to poke around lilo's personal life and get a glimpse of his
character. The results are quite hilarious.

Everyone knows lilo lives in a trailer. He flaunts his existence as white
trash with glee and twisted pride, playing the part of a martyr for the
cause of open source software. He constantly talks about how poor and beaten
down he is, despite having the leisure time to spend eleven hours a day
chatting on the Internet. The address listed on the PDPC.us domain is indeed
a trailer[2]. Poking around the Texas State Comptroller of Public Accounts
shows the truth[3], though. That address is an office to which the business
is registered, and the registered agent is Robert Levin of 9212 Burdine St,
an apartment building in Houston.[4]

For a man who claims to be such a martyr for open source development he has
done almost nothing to advance it. He has never made any notable commits to
open source projects. He has done almost nothing at all. The man is in his
fifties and has nothing notable on his resume -- a long history of manual
labor and office tasks for monkeys. The truth about Rob is that he cannot
code. His support of open source is limited to idly chatting away on IRC.

Rob and his wife both suck at the teat of the federal government by
collecting disability. They both claim to have ADHD so intense that it
prohibits them from holding a job. During the day, they go to the PDPC
trailer to chat on IRC and answer phonecalls. Two disability checks and PDPC
donations add up. Enough to pay for not only a reasonable apartment and the
PDPC trailer, but for a Hispanic nanny to take care of their son and clean
their house during the day.[5] Not only do they not feel it fitting to work
at any task whatsoever, but they can't even raise their child and clean up
for themselves.

Personally I have supported open source with my blood, sweat, and tears. I
work at least forty hours a week in a cubicle much smaller than Rob Levin's
trailer and go home to spend several more hours coding for projects that I
feel are worthwhile. I do this not for personal gain, but to fight against a
system of intellectual property law which I find overzealously rewards the
rich and powerful. I'm not going to mention my name, but a good many of you
know it. I've put commits into major operating systems and household name
daemons.

Lilo is a fraud. He is a huckster that steals money that could be going to
legitimate open source development. There are countless programmers with
real, valuable talent who choose to work hard for the greater good rather
than spending all their time selling their talents to the highest bidder.
Lilo has no talent and epitomizes the kind of vile, undisciplined leech that
I spend my time working against.

To the FOSS world: Do yourselves a favor and move to EFnet, Undernet, OFTC,
anything but Freenode. EFnet now has chanfix and has not been a lawless
packeteer playground for several years. The days of channel wars on EFnet
are over. It also handles three times the traffic of Freenode without major
incident.

Don't believe me about Rob Levin? I pulled all his information from public
record in the past twenty-four hours. Poke around his life and see for
yourself:

Rob's federal employer identification number is 74-3033697
The address officially listed for pdpc is 10100 main street #31 houson tx
77025.
Phone number for pdpc officially listed is 713-589-5863.
Rob's ssn is 462 13 0351.
PDPC's 11-digit texas state taxpayer number 32004514421
Rob's apartment is at 9212 BURDINE ST. #1005 HOUSTON, TX 77096.
12-16-1955 is Rob's birthday

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/01/29/buy_a_piece_of_net/
[2]
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=10000+Main+St,+Houston,+TX+77025&ie=UTF8&ll=29.676278,-95.430105&spn=0.001643,0.002717&t=k&om=1
[3]
http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/servlet/cpa.app.coa.CoaGetTp?Pg=tpid&Search_Nm=Peer-Directed%20Projects%20Center%20&Button=search&Search_ID=32004514421
[4]
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=9212+BURDINE+ST+Houston,+Texas&ie=UTF8&ll=29.677741,-95.481952&spn=0.001643,0.002717&t=k&om=1
[5] I would cite the name, phone and address of the nanny but I do not feel
it fitting that she should be harassed.