Date: Tue Jun 27 19:17:12 2006
From: prb at lava.net (Peter Besenbruch)
Subject: UnAnonymizer

H D Moore wrote:
> If your real internal and external NAT addresses did not appear when using
> a proxy, either the Java applet did not load or a race condition failed.
> From browsing the database backend, it looks like just over 1,000 people
> were successfully identified (internal + nat gw + external + dns). The
> database is wiped every 24 hours.

I doubt it's a race condition, as the failure is consistent. As for the
failure of something to load, that's possible, although Java applets run
just fine, when I enable them, as I did with the Metasploit site.

As you can no doubt tell, I used a *nix based system for the test, where
there are a variety of ways to install both the browser and Java. In my
case, I went to Sun and Mozilla directly. I placed a link from Java's
plug-in to Firefox's plugin directory. That was about the extent of my
installation.

> Thanks for testing!

No, thank you. It was interesting.

Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org