Date: Tue Jul 11 17:37:48 2006
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu (Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu)
Subject: 70 million computers are using Windows 98 right
	now

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:28:08 -0300, Cardoso said:
> but I agree. Let them die. 98 is a very unsafe plataform, hope the
> spyware guys act fast and kill all the remaining machines, under a ton
> of popups.

And where does that leave the users?  Have you considered that maybe some
of them are still using Win98 because they don't have a realistic upgrade
path?  WinXP may not install on their box, or run adequately - and just
telling them to upgrade isn't always an option.  There's large parts of the
world where a discarded box running Win98 is affordable, but a new box
and a legal copy of XP is just out of the question.

Phrased differently - how would *you* feel if *your* platform was the target
of the sort of attack you're advocating against Win98?