Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:07:23 +0000
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Hackers ready as G8 governments refuse to stop
	Israel invading Lebanon

On 7/23/06, Denzity <denzity@...il.com> wrote:
> I'm not trying to get into a political war but both sides have their reasons
> for bombing each other.

Of course and so do hackers in a hacker war.

If they stop now any agreement will not be made
> comfortably by either side and it will just lead to further attacks (whether
> a full scale war or terrorist attacks) in the future. Israel needs to bomb
> the hell out of Hezbolah and take Lebannon. Its cruel but thats the way it
> has to be to obtain "peace".

Same goes in a hacker war.

> A full scale hacker war will not arise because of this. Middle-eastern
> hackers are talented and they may have many 0-days on their side, however
> there are also many hackers who are backing Israel.

That is usually the ingredients that starts a hacker war.

We're not just talking about civialian hackers here. A hacker war on
what i'm talking about heavily involves government hackers.

- A script kid hacks Israeli interests

- A Isaeli script kid hits them back

- A government hacker for israel hits Syrian and Iranian interests

- A government hacker for Syria and Iran hit Israeli interests

- A civilian hacker hits both Hezbollah and Israeli government interests

All of the above post sensitive military intelligence to mailing lists and
(or) web sites and the victim government goes, "if X government think
they can hack us and post our information to mailing lists and web
sites, we'll do the same".

Welcome to a hacker war.

The world community hasn't realised how important cyber terorrism is
yet during times of land war, but even tually, it will only take one
government or individual civilians to trigger a new trend that the
cyber security industry has been talking about the fearing since post
9/11.

> A few hacks may happen
> but nothing on a large scale. Why? Because while people do support the sides
> very few of the hackers are actually Israelis and Lebanese civilians. Only
> if people are really involved in the war will they go all out.

You're misinformed there. Both western governments and (or) western
civilians have vested interest in accessing middle-eastern systems
illegally and post data obtained from this to the internet, as have
middle eastern governments and (or) eastern civilians.

It isn't an _if_ but a when. Maybe not in this conflict between Israel
and Lebanon, but sometime in the future, a hacker war is going to
happen, based on military action(s) between governments on the ground.

Many thanks,

n3td3v
(the original poster of the thread)