Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:40:53 +0000
From: n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com>
To: n3td3v <n3td3v@...glegroups.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: A remote administration web server written in
	.JS files

On 7/29/06, n3td3v <xploitable@...il.com> wrote:
> > [snip]
> > You can have a server written in javascript, if the hacker knows his
> > javascript well.
> > [/snip]
> >
> > http://news.com.com/5208-7349-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=19764&messageID=169318&start=-1
> >
> > I'm not one to scare monger, but yeah.
> >
> > n3td3v
>
> Hello n3td3v list,
>
> Here is an example:
>
> http://www.acme.com/software/js_httpd/
>
> It would be useful if the above can be hacked to run on Windows
> systems as a remote administration tool.
>
> Don't just copy and paste though, write your own server, the link
> should just be used as a proof of concept.
>
> Have fun.

Hello n3td3v list,

I have an update, already folks have been submitting their own
javascript servers to our e-mail (it doesn't actually take long to
produce a concept server to support I/O in MS Windows with
Javascript), then we seen folks on the CNET News site bring up "what
if we use a Firefox plugin to block malicious JS code"...

Here is what the Firefox user said:

http://news.com.com/5208-7349-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=19764&messageID=169381&start=-195

My reply doesn't just reference the javascript threat but basically
covers any "Firefox is more secure than Internet Explorer fanboy"
opinion on security.

And even SANS at one point was part of that fanboy crowd, although
(SANS reversed their stance later), the fact of the matter right now
is...

(Hackers wouldn't care even if Firefox was more secure...either way,
so SANS and any fanboys are/were just arguing over ro/sy mantic
wording.)

Read my full reply:

http://news.com.com/5208-7349-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=19764&messageID=169384&start=-195

n3td3v