Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:18:59 -0400
From: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To: Alexandru Balan <abalan@...defender.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Lamest people you know (WAS: n3td3v please
	shutup, please shutup.)

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:49:53 +0300, Alexandru Balan said:

> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 07:48 -0500, evilrabbi wrote:
> > I think you underestimate human supidity..
>
> Ok.. does anyone know anyone more pathetic then n3td3v ? Post names and
> examples here

Rest assured, there are some *profoundly* mentally challenge people in this
world.  Some are labeled "educatable", and manage to learn to read and write
and hold down a job in food service or something, and mostly live on their own.
Some are "trainable", and can learn some easy manual skill (such as "pick up
the litter" for a grounds crew) that will help offset the cost of their group
home.  And some are too impaired to do anything other than institutionalize
them - because they'll never get much past the average 2 year old's mental
development.

In my younger years, I spent several summers helping with a "swimming for
the handicapped" program - and did indeed work with some kids well into
their teens for whom learning "breath when face out of water, not in" truly
*was* the biggest intellectual leap they had made in several years...
(and mind you, they had been pre-screened at program intake, so we only got
the ones that were considered likely to be able to learn - there were plenty
that didn't make the cut...)

Presumably, since n3td3v can pretty consistently spell words at least
recognizably and find the 'send' key, he's better off than those kids,
who will for all their lives find challenges in things like speaking a
sentence of more than 3 words, tying their shoes, and remembering to go
potty before they have an accident....