Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 13:07:50 +0100
From: "Michael Simpson" <mikie.simpson@...il.com>
To: "Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Lamest people you know (WAS: n3td3v please
	shutup, please shutup.)

On 7/31/06, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:49:53 +0300, Alexandru Balan said:
>
> > On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 07:48 -0500, evilrabbi wrote:
> > > I think you underestimate human supidity..
> >
> > Ok.. does anyone know anyone more pathetic then n3td3v ? Post names and
> > examples here
>
> Rest assured, there are some *profoundly* mentally challenge people in this
> world.  Some are labeled "educatable", and manage to learn to read and write
> and hold down a job in food service or something, and mostly live on their own.
> Some are "trainable", and can learn some easy manual skill (such as "pick up
> the litter" for a grounds crew) that will help offset the cost of their group
> home.  And some are too impaired to do anything other than institutionalize
> them - because they'll never get much past the average 2 year old's mental
> development.
>
> In my younger years, I spent several summers helping with a "swimming for
> the handicapped" program - and did indeed work with some kids well into
> their teens for whom learning "breath when face out of water, not in" truly
> *was* the biggest intellectual leap they had made in several years...
> (and mind you, they had been pre-screened at program intake, so we only got
> the ones that were considered likely to be able to learn - there were plenty
> that didn't make the cut...)
>
> Presumably, since n3td3v can pretty consistently spell words at least
> recognizably and find the 'send' key, he's better off than those kids,
> who will for all their lives find challenges in things like speaking a
> sentence of more than 3 words, tying their shoes, and remembering to go
> potty before they have an accident....

when i was a medical student we had  to do an paediatric attachment of
our course in Fife where n3td3v comes from

sometimes you would see a patient in clinic that looked a bit odd but
when you looked in the notes in front of you you would see that the
consultant had written "FLK-NFF"

this stood for "funny looking kid-normal for fife"

HTH

mike