Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:21:56 +0200
From: Dan B <dan-fd@...ox.org>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: ProtectFly/RegisterFly - Whois information -
	Non-Disclosure legal??

Hi,

I recently noticed some spam comments to my blog. Upon looking at the
link they were linking back to it is an aggregation of various people
RSS from their blogs.

Upon examining the domains and their whois info they all appear to be
registered with ProtectFly. Their whois information does not give out
the contact details of the domain owner. Some random looking email
address, that I guess might forward back to the real owner.

Is this non-disclosure of the contact details legal?

Am I missing some method to find the correct info?

Example:-
dan@...ox ~ $ whois nags-head-real-estate.info
Domain ID:D13743171-LRMS
Domain Name:NAGS-HEAD-REAL-ESTATE.INFO
Created On:10-Jun-2006 02:42:27 UTC
Last Updated On:22-Jun-2006 07:15:54 UTC
Expiration Date:10-Jun-2007 02:42:27 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:RegisterFly.com, Inc. (R318-LRMS)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:CLIENT UPDATE PROHIBITED
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Registrant ID:tuxfIgCP2SraElSj
Registrant Name:Whois Protection Service - ProtectFly.com
Registrant Organization:RegisterFly.com - Ref-R# 37871268
Registrant Street1:404 Main Street
Registrant Street2:4th Floor
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Boonton
Registrant State/Province:NJ
Registrant Postal Code:07005
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.9737362545
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:+1.9737361355
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:aqjsh4n3a1mmpj@...tectfly.com
Admin ID:tu0yrgMvIcEJ2aIH
Admin Name:Whois Protection Service - ProtectFly.com
Admin Organization:RegisterFly.com - Ref-A# 37871268
Admin Street1:404 Main Street
Admin Street2:4th Floor
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Boonton
Admin State/Province:NJ
Admin Postal Code:07005
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:+1.9737362545
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:+1.9737361355
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:mtvtn1jvnyuvt7n@...tectfly.com
Billing ID:tuI0AzeEf97LKzMo
Billing Name:Whois Protection Service - ProtectFly.com
Billing Organization:RegisterFly.com - Ref-B# 37871268
Billing Street1:404 Main Street
Billing Street2:4th Floor
Billing Street3:
Billing City:Boonton
Billing State/Province:NJ
Billing Postal Code:07005
Billing Country:US
Billing Phone:+1.9737362545
Billing Phone Ext.:
Billing FAX:+1.9737361355
Billing FAX Ext.:
Billing Email:huhq9jxz768h5qk@...tectfly.com
Tech ID:tuTOQTTrtOUs5GAS
Tech Name:Whois Protection Service - ProtectFly.com
Tech Organization:RegisterFly.com - Ref-T# 37871268
Tech Street1:404 Main Street
Tech Street2:4th Floor
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Boonton