Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:43:15 -0400
From: Netragard Security Advisories <advisories@...ragard.com>
To: "Fetch, Brandon" <BFetch@...pac.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Re: ICMP DestinationUnreachable	Port	Unreachable

Fetch,
    I had already considered that actually. I found that it was just
back scatter though. Someone must have been doing something naughty and
I caught a little bit of the noise. Never the less, weird payloads...
but nothing for me to be concerned about.

Fetch, Brandon wrote:
> Isn't there a new Trojan that's using ICMP to send back it's pilfered
> data?  It's encrypted (if I remember correctly) so no clear-text reading
> of what's sent and that may explain why you're seeing the random data.
>
> The padding of the same characters in individual packets may designate
> start/stop points in the transmission segments.
>
> Just my $.02...
>
> Brandon

Regards,
	Netragard Vulnerability Research Team
	advisories at netragard dot com
	http://www.netragard.com
	"We make I.T. Secure"

BullGuard Anti-virus has scanned this e-mail and found it clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com