Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:02:24 -0400
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Bill Stout <bill.stout@...enborder.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Tempest today

Bill Stout wrote:
> repeated electronic, not audio signals.  The U.S. Embassy in the USSR
> had to be rebuilt in the '80s because the concrete was peppered with
> passive electronic components (things like resistors and real bugs).

You're slightly off on the U.S. Embassy. As I recall, the beams were
what was bugged and a wire passed from the beam through the concrete.
Concrete itself was not the conduit it was the beams within the
building. I recall the show, don't recall the channel. If I'm not
mistaken, the same show went on to describe the US' tapping of the
copier equipment where no cameras were ever found, but the agent ordered
a new copier, and differentiated the weight of the two and made that
determination. This after the fact that they figured out "hot chicks
make lousy copy repairwomen" ;).

Another missed cue for someone to speak about are LAVD (Laser Aided
Vibration Detectors) which most will NOT find on Google if they searched
that EXACT term. (Possibly because of the differences in naming
conventions). Mr. Stout may know of prisms being embedded into glass
where lasers were aimed at these prisms and those operating these lasers
were able to shift the direction on the bend to listen to different
areas. Hence newer buildings now have "dead space" from the windows to
alleviate some of this. But ultimately, its a known fact within
intelligence agencies that spying is to purposely be done within all
agencies. This is where disinfo comes from as well as (stupid keyword of
the new millenia) "Actionable Intelligence" which agencies use for their
crapaganda.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams