Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:09:48 -0400
From: "y0himba" <y0himba@...hnolounge.org>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Pincone Research Clipboard Access

Hi there.

Sorry for the book in advance.  I am not half as intelligent as some of you,
and this list is extremely informative, but I don't "speak up" much.  I have
an issue, and maybe you guys can shed some light on it, and the risks it can
pose.

I do surveys at a site "www.pineconeresearch.com".  They are usually
opinions on new products.  It's fairly interesting to see what garbage the
conglomerates are thinking up to separate us from our money, plus, I get a
whole $5 for each survey.  Oh yay.  I have been doing this some time now,
over 2 years.

This issue affects IE only, they do not allow the use of Firefox for surveys
there any more, which is BS to me in the first place.

The have implemented a "security feature" that attempts to access my
clipboard.  I of course don't want to allow this, so I emailed the person
"in charge" explaining the problem with accessing the survey.  Her
recommendation was to "enable clipboard access by websites".  See her email
below.  When calling the contact number, you instantly get shunted to the
"high call volume" menu and get to leave a message.   NO ONE ANSWERS, EVER.

What should I do from here?  It's an extremely popular site, and the person
in charge is telling folks to allow websites access to the clipboard.

Thanks for your help on this if any.