Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 15:22:20 +0100 (BST)
From: Mark J Cox <mark@....com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: [SECURITY] OpenSSL 0.9.8c and 0.9.7k released

   OpenSSL version 0.9.8c and 0.9.7k released

   OpenSSL - The Open Source toolkit for SSL/TLS
   http://www.openssl.org/

   The OpenSSL project team is pleased to announce the release of
   version 0.9.8c of our open source toolkit for SSL/TLS. This new
   OpenSSL version is a security and bugfix release and incorporates
   changes and bugfixes to the toolkit.  For a complete list of
   changes, please see http://www.openssl.org/source/exp/CHANGES.

   This release fixes an important security vulnerability which could
   allow RSA Signature Forgery, CVE-2006-4339.  Please see
   http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20060905.txt

   We also release 0.9.7k, which contains the security update and
   bugfixes compared to 0.9.7j.

   We consider OpenSSL 0.9.8c to be the best version of OpenSSL
   available and we strongly recommend that users of older versions
   upgrade as soon as possible. OpenSSL 0.9.8c is available for
   download via HTTP and FTP from the following master locations (you
   can find the various FTP mirrors under
   http://www.openssl.org/source/mirror.html):

     * http://www.openssl.org/source/
     * ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/

   For those who want or have to stay with the 0.9.7 series of
   OpenSSL, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to OpenSSL 0.9.7k
   as soon as possible.  It's available in the same location as
   0.9.8c.

   The distribution file names are:

     * openssl-0.9.8c.tar.gz
       MD5 checksum: 78454bec556bcb4c45129428a766c886
       SHA1 checksum: d0798e5c7c4509d96224136198fa44f7f90e001d

    * openssl-0.9.7k.tar.gz
      MD5 checksum: be6bba1d67b26eabb48cf1774925416f
      SHA1 checksum: 90056b8f5e518edc9f74f66784fbdcfd9b784dd2

   The checksums were calculated using the following commands:

    openssl md5 openssl-0.9.*.tar.gz
    openssl sha1 openssl-0.9.*.tar.gz

   Yours,

   The OpenSSL Project Team...

    Mark J. Cox             Nils Larsch         Ulf Möller
    Ralf S. Engelschall     Ben Laurie          Andy Polyakov
    Dr. Stephen Henson      Richard Levitte     Geoff Thorpe
    Lutz Jänicke            Bodo Möller