Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:11:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: full_disclosure full_disclosure <fulll_disclosure@...oo.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: r57shell "hidden" feature

Hello

Doing some forensics I found that R57shell(version 1.31) a widely used php shell by RST/GHC, has some "hidden features", it will log any usage to some russian stats counters. If those counters log the ip, and the script is not protected by a password, they cand 0wn everything you 0wned.

Starting from line 1469 we have 2 base64 encoded variables $c1 and $c2, at line 1592 the script will check if the variables are empty and die() if true, then they are decoded and appended to $f, which is echo-ed at line 2204. $f contains only the counters scripts.

Trust no one(especialy commies), write your own tools.