Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:31:57 -0400
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Ajay Pal Singh Atwal <ajaypal@...bec.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Fallacies on Truths in Caller ID scam

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal wrote:
> Getting back to some very small points here...
>
> Correction: Rawalpindi is not in India.

Ralwapindi was used cause it's the only place that came to my mind at
the moment, Pakistan, India it was an example.

> If the call is from Dell, then does it matter, if the office is in India or Rawalpindi. 1800GO2DELL represents dell.

Yes it does matter to me where someone is located when I am speaking to
them. It matters for the sake of accountability. YOU may not see nothing
wrong with someone having your information at their fingertips, but I
want to know who, what, where, when and why someone is doing ANYTHING
with my information. Or haven't you been following news:

Indian Outsourcing Firms Downplay Fraud Concerns
http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/PZCY8ZqRWY32gK/Indian-Outsourcing-Firms-Downplay-Fraud-Concerns.xhtml

Fraud Reports Worry Indian Outsourcing Firms
http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/8zIZdp07IuYkrW/Fraud-Reports-Worry-Indian-Outsourcing-Firms.xhtml

etc
http://tinyurl.com/g4mg5

I don't care if its India, China, Pakistan, the North or South Pole,
Dell in this example should follow US laws especially since they're
located here. It can't be a single sided law it has to apply to all
bottom line.

> And in that case www.talkety.com is doing something similar from Germany (?). And you can misuse their service to have fun making prank calls to people from their own numbers.

I don't care about Germany there fellow, this post was regarding US LAWS
and I happened to mention a US COMPANY not a Germany one. Ich scheiß'
d'rauf! (No really)

>> Just something for though...
>>
> ahem..

Next argument?

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5157 bytes)