Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:38:11 -0700
From: "Debasis Mohanty" <debasis.mohanty.listmails@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Windows Command Processor CMD.EXE
	BufferOverflow

>>  Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@...ech.edu> to Peter, full-disclosure
>>  Aren't cross-zone urls disallowed by default, though?

I agree with Matthew & Brian. If cmd.exe can be run from a browser
using file:// irrespective of cross-zone security boundaries then
there are *much* other urgent things to be attended.

However, there are other attack vectors out of which few are already
mentioned by Nick. This can definitely be exploitable in conjunction
with other attack vectors.

regards,
-d