Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:19:37 +0100
From: "Richard Braganza" <iwtb0202@...glemail.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Removing Hidden fields automatically in Paros

Hi
For all those application testers out there that use PAROS Proxy who are as
lazy as me....

I thought I would share
a tip on how I set Paros to automatically remove hidden field tags in PAROS
(also usable on other proxies)

in tools, filter menu
set the http body response checkbox
and set the search pattern to be

type\s*=\s*["']?hidden["']?

no need to set the replace field

now browse a web page with hidden fields

I must admit I rely on the above so much that I am not sure if it misses
any hidden tags
I suppose I could compare it with a find all 'hidden' words and compare body
response....

My wish list for PAROS would be

   - allow multiple filters per http section
   - save the above filters so that I do not need to enter it every time
   I use PAROS
   - manually set user agent rather than use PAROS drop down (google bot
   goes to places I can not) and it gets annoying setting the http request
   header filters as well

Anybody have any other techniques they would like to share on PAROS or
other proxy??

I would definitely like a RELIABLE way to convert html
select statements to input statments - another regex along the lines of
this perl regex (probably useless on scripted select controls that many
pages create on the fly)

/<select[^>]*?(name\s*=\s*["']?([^"'\s]+)["']?\s+).*?<\/select>/$2<input $1>/ims

TIA & Rgds
Richard

Content of type "text/html" skipped