Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:13:10 +0530
From: "form guru" <formguru@...il.com>
To: Exibar <exibar@...lair.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: [inbox] Re: [ Capture Skype trafic ]

"Acceptable Usage Policy" is a cross-functional issue involving HR and IT.
HR tools are "Code of Conduct" and user awareness programs. IT is a
fecilitator to the HR agenda in this case. Practically in most of the cases
HR is accountable for such usages and IT can be the reponsible party to the
policy.

Cheers

On 10/30/06, Exibar <exibar@...lair.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but that document outlines HOW Bluecoat can and does block
> Skype.
> A packet or protocol anaylizer Proxy will block anything that is NOT
> conforming HTTP to travel along on port 80.  Skype does not conform to
> HTTP
> standards (for one it's encrypted) and BlueCoat will stop it.
>   Yup, you can't be a moron and have every other port under the sun open
> on
> your network too....
>

> "STEP 4: INSTALL SSL CONTROLS ON THE BLUE COAT SG
> The Blue Coat SG appliances managing application service ports for HTTP
> (80), RTSP (554), MMS
> (1755), etc. will drop client connections if the packets sent do not
> conform
> to the appropriate
> protocol. When Skype uses port 80, the protocol used is still Skype's
> proprietary protocol and does
> not conform to HTTP and so will be blocked. The Skype application finally
> attempts to use port
> 443, if the SSL controls are installed (part of SGOS v4.2) these packets
> will also be dropped as
> there is no SSL certificate exchanged between Skype nodes. Therefore, any
> attempt to establish a
> Super-node connection through these service ports will be unsuccessful, as
> the connection is nonconforming to standards."

Content of type "text/html" skipped