Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:38:39 -0800
From: "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@...bell.net>
To: Joxean Koret <joxeankoret@...oo.es>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: WFTPD Pro Server 3.23 Buffer Overflow

And did you email the vendor first?

mailto:bugs@...is.com

It's listed on his page you know... and have you given them a chance to
fix it or are you "too lazy" to give a vendor a chance to fix things
first before you full-disclosure them?

There are some vendors that yeah.. it's hard to argue that they've not
been given enough time to fix things...but may I ask you.... did you
email the vendor first?  At least try to contact them?

In full disclosure, I know him and I've never ever seen him not be
responsive and jump on a bug report...next time dude.... email is quite
effective in contacting vendors... especially ones that are responsive,
if a spam filter swallowed it up ... that's something that we're all
having to unfortunately deal with these days... and I'll apologize if
you did try to contact him.  But as I said, historically speaking he's
always been very responsive.  (as someone said to me the spammers are
hiring better coders these days...)

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com

If you are a SBSer and you don't subscribe to the SBS Blog... man ... I will hunt you down...
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs