Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:11:45 -0500
From: "Eliah Kagan" <degeneracypressure@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: DoS kiddiots can face 10 years in jail

> The new law also makes it an offence to supply or make available any
> software

like an operating system? like a compiler? like PoC code? like
manpages, help files, and other software documentation? like a web
browser that can be used to find such information?

> or tools

like a computer? like dedicated network troubleshooting hardware? like
a crimp tool for 8P8C termination of cat5/5e/6 cables?

> that could be used to commit hacking or denial of
> service attacks, and those found guilty under this section of the act
> face up to two years in jail.

Another case of "let's make laws that are dangerous to our legitimate
infrastructure and violate our basic principles, so that we can defend
our legitimate infrastructure and uphold our principles."

-Eliah