Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:26:59 -0500
From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein@...ohio.edu>
To: kikazz <kikazz@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Sasser or other nasty worm needed

> Does anyone have a copy of Sasser or a similar worm that they would be
> willing to send or link me to?  Please contact me off-list.  I would be
> happy to verify my identity as a high school teacher off-list as I'm sure
> that is a concern for most anyone who has what I am looking for.

You're kidding, right? .. just take a fresh install of Win2K and hook it
to the Internet.

Go get coffee. Come back in ~15min.

Boot to BartPE (or Knoppix, etc) and look for anything new in
%systemroot%. You'll probably have more than one. It'll be a binary
though, probably packed/encrypted 3+ times (and that's annoying, but not
impossible, to reverse-engineer).

The source code for all the [SD|RX|AGO]bot variants is easily found on
the web. Recompile in Visual Basic, pack with UPX (or whatever) and off
you go.

To prison that is...

Meanwhile .. a quick look at your email :