Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:22:15 +1100
From: <ninjadaito@...hmail.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Financial firms warned of Qaeda cyber attack

Bah!!

Al-Qaeda this, Al-Qaeda that, links to Al-Qaeda - pfffffft!

Seems that Al-Qaeda is as much under everybody's bed as Joseph
McCarthy's communists once were.  Whenever anything remotely whiffy
happens, Al-Qaeda is behind it. If your peanuts are all eaten or
your beer is flat, it's the devious work of shadowy Al-Qaeda.

The odd thing is that most everybody knows it for what it is.
Except of course for poor 'ole George W. Bush and his blind
followers - living in complete denial of reality.

So, when the *real* wolf happens along - who will be listening?
Nobody!

Speaking of the wolf - I wouldn't want to be holding too many US
dollars anyway - seems the arse is going to fall out of it - we
just don't know when.  Buy Gold!!

Later...
Love,
Ninja.

All flames automatically redirected to the bit-bucket.

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 00:26:21 +1100 TheGesus <thegesus@...il.com>
wrote:
>On 12/3/06, Dave No, not that one Korn
><davek_throwaway@...mail.com> wrote:
>> TheGesus wrote:
>>
>> > More and more people are hearing the recommendation to
>"withdraw a
>> > little extra cash out of the banks" to prepare for cyber
>attacks. If
>> > as many as 1.32% of bank depositors take their advice and
>withdraw all
>> > their money, the banks will close their doors.
>> >
>> > Al Qaeda threatens to disrupt the electronic bank payments
>system.
>>
>>   And YOU'RE MAKING IT HAPPEN!  DUH!
>>
>> > This system contributes about 90% of the US money supply.
>Without it,
>> > 10% of the money supply (the cash & coin) must take over the
>work of
>> > the other 90%.
>> >
>> > Conclusion: Withdraw and stockpile some cash now. Shoot for at
>least
>> > three months' cash requirements. Don't wait. Start now.
>>
>>   AQ don't intend to "attack the banking system".  They plan to
>get
>> paranoids, suckers, and conspiracy-theorists like you to do
>their dirty work
>> for them.  They just need to spread a rumour and then sit back
>and watch as
>> all you "loyal patriots" trash your own country out of fear and
>cowardice.
>>
>>   ObTopic:  Sounds like a social engineering attack to me;
>attempting to
>> manipulate the users of a service into acting as an implicit
>ddos against
>> it.
>>
>>     cheers,
>>       DaveK
>> --
>> Can't think of a witty .sigline today....

>I was only quoting (with a little creative editing) the late(?),
>great(?) Paul Milne of Y2K disaster fame.
>
>There's a goldmine in there...
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups/search?lr=&safe=off&num=10&q=bank+p
>anic+author%3Apaul+milne&safe=off&qt_s=Search
>
>"If you live within 5 miles of a 7-11, you're toast"

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485