Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 20:16:01 +0100
From: "chinese soup" <noodle.mastah@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Call For Participants For A Research Study Of
	Hacker Culture

Greetings!

I come in peace!!!

"I am currently conducting a study of hackers
> and hacking and am seeking interested men and women who may be willing to
> participate."
- "participate"?? *raises eyebrows* men hacking women? *raises-hand* me me!

"The purpose of this research is to understand the ways that
> people become interested in computers and hacking"
- actually there is no "way". if you grow up around computers, you
start to like them and experiment with them more (applies to women as
well. *epiphany* so THAT's why I could never get to experiment with
them in high school!!!!).
If you grow up in a family full of doctors, chances are, you'll become
a doctor and be quite good at it as well ("chances are", not "YOU
WILL")
So I think you have the answer already. Just think on how YOU became
an Assistant Professor, and how you now have a PhD and apply it to the
other people with a different interest.

"I have obtained a Certificate of
> Confidentiality from the National Institutes of Health to further protect
> and ensure your privacy and confidentiality."
- of Health?? to ensure privacy?? something's not right. in fact,
something smells fishy!!!! (btw, fish sauce is very good with beef
boiled for a loooong time with onions. and some salt. and whatever
suits your fancy)

"than simple media
> conceptions of the hacker as a criminal."
- nope that's not true now. at least it was a few years ago, but then
again that is just my opinion, and I believe the media has grown to
respect the "hackers" and have made a distinction between the
"hackers" and the
Russian-mafia-chinese-mafia-whatever-mafia-releasing-0-days-and-attacking-organizations-or-those-sites-with-drive-by-downloadings-and-shit.

" hear crazy stories about how you hacked NASA.
> If you have,"
- no, but I have read some crazy-ass stories by a Tom Holt (a lot like
Harry Potter, although I prefer Harry Potter, err, i mean I prefer the
story of Harry Potter, especially all the parts with Hermione.
grrrrrrrroowllll)

growling,

"swing and stretch. secrets to making great noodles"