Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:33:02 +0100
From: "Collin R. Mulliner" <collin@...aversion.net>
To: Shawn Merdinger <shawnmer@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Linksys WIP 330 VoIP wireless phone
	crash	from Nmap scan

what about doing some investigation? Like figuring out which protocol
and port the crash relates to. Then send some "random" stuff to that
port and see what happens. You could find some real interesting stuff...

see http://www.mulliner.org/pocketpc/

Collin

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:40 -0800, Shawn Merdinger wrote:
> Vulnerability Description
> ==================
> The Linksys WIP 330 VoIP wireless phone will crash when a full
> port-range Nmap scan is run against its IP address.
>

> Linksys WIP 330 Firmware Version
> ==========================
> 1.00.06A
>

> Nmap scan command
> ================
> nmap -P0 <WIP 330 ip address> -p 1-65535
>

> Impact
> =====
> The crash is only after Nmap has finished. The Nmap scan also seems to
> disrupt updating of the display as the clock is not updated. The crash
> appears related to PhoneCtl.exe running on the phone's Windows CE 4.2
> operating system.
>
> Screenshot of the crash: http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalmijn/295348294/
>

> Credit
> ====
> Credit for discovering this vulnerability goes to Armijn Hemel

Collin R. Mulliner <collin@...aversion.net>
BETAVERSiON Systems [www.betaversion.net]
info/pgp: finger collin@...aversion.net
USS Enterprise Bumperstricker: Our other starship separates into 3
pieces!