Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 15:02:03 -0600
From: "Will Jefferies" <wjefferies@...inc.com>
To: "KT" <ktriv3di@....com>, <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	<websecurity@...appsec.org>
Subject: Re: [WEB SECURITY] comparing information security
	to other industries

That's a tough question to address.  I don't think the security industry
will achieve perfection no more than the other industries you listed.

Like the other disciplines, research continues, but so do the evolution
of threats.  Construction and engineering is plagued with their own set
of challenges that must be overcome.

Buildings can be engineered and constructed with a high degree of
confidence, but a good, strong storm or earthquake can still bring them
down.  Security is the same in that sense.

We can evolve our knowledge and implementations, but a good, strong
storm (or careless error) can bring it all down :-)

My 0.02

Will