Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:58:55 +0100
From: Steve Clement <steve@...alhost.lu>
To: php0t <php0t@...ro.hu>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, phoenix.diablo@...glemail.com
Subject: Re: Google's blacklisted url database (phishing
 url database)

php0t wrote:
>   How exactly does such data get captured? Somebody placed a link

Well the poster of the password link would've done better explaining how
goog mines the data instead of easily disclosing valid e-mail passwords.

This shows yet again how crucial it is to use throw-away passwords that
you can use for badly coded web sites that disclose passwords plain-text
in the URL.

It's not really Googles' fault if some people don't know how
web-security basics work. They grab the web, crawl it hideously and find
all of it, including sensitive data.

As to whether the Blacklist should be public or not is up to personal
believes. I for one think that it should be publicly available to have
at least a good static reference of the most commonly used phishey sites...

thanks for the fish and

Goodbye!

Steve

--
     __o   | Steve Clement - Unix System Administrator
   _ \<,_  | Current Location: Luxembourgr/Europe