Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:22:16 -0500
From: Simon Smith <simon@...soft.com>
To: Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez <roman@...labs.com>,
	Untitled <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: iDefense Q-1 2007 Challenge -I WILL BUY FOR
 MORE

Roman and List,
    Let me address this issue once and for all, because the "issue" is
really quite simple. I am offering security researchers the ability to have
their exploits legally purchased for a price that is higher than the
standard prices offered by the majority of third parties. The researchers
who decide to participate will be sent a legally binding contract. This
contract will specifically protect the researcher and buyer and clearly
spell out the terms and conditions of business.

    And as for Roman's argument, I can assure him (and all of you) that the
exploit code will be put to ethical, legitimate and legal use. The only
people that will be using the exploit code are established U.S. based public
or private sector corporations/parties. Other than that I am not going to
get into a debate about it.

    Lastly, it amazes me that so many people complain about the prices that
they sell their exploits for, then, when someone like me comes around to try
to give them fair pricing in a legal way, they'd rather complain about that
than take up the opportunity. This reminds me of old women who are always
trying to find a reason to complain. Nothing more than a bunch of grumpy old
women. ;]