Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:57:13 +0100
From: fukami <fukami@...lin.ccc.de>
To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Call for Participation Chaos Communication Camp
	2007

Chaos Communication Camp 2007
The International Hacker Open Air Gathering
"In Fairy Dust We Trust!"
August, 8th to 12th, 2007
Airport Museum Finowfurt (Finow Airport) near Berlin, Germany

http://events.ccc.de/camp/2007/

=== Overview ===

We ask you to participate in the third Chaos Communication Camp on
August, 8th to 12th, 2007 near Berlin, Germany. The Chaos
Communication Camp is organized by the Chaos Computer Club (CCC). It
is an international, five-day open-air event for hackers and
associated life-forms. The Camp features two conference tracks with
interesting lectures. Workshops will take place in a central workshop
area and in thematic "villages", organized by various groups.

You can participate! Bring your tent and join the villages. The Camp
has everything you need: power, internet, food, music, sun and fun.
The large area features enough space to camp.

The Camp is intended to promote the exchange of technical, social and
political ideas and concepts to find ways to make this world a little
bit more friendly for intelligent beings, be they carbon-based or
otherwise.

The conference languages are English and German.

=== Topics ===

In general, lectures and workshops dealing with technology, ethics,
science, security, art, philosophy, politics, culture and cooking are
welcome.

The main theme of this year's camp is the world we want to live in
tomorrow. We try, however, to create a certain focus on a number of
topics that we regard as important for the near future. We want:

* flying and non-flying autonomous robots
* security, encryption and anonymity
* software projects
* technologies for the day after the climate change
* rapid prototyping and fabbing
* software and hardware for disaster-resistant infrastructure
* bringing broadband to the countryside
* politics and propaganda
* anti-crowd-control tactics and technologies
* lock picking
* alternative energy systems
* citizen surveillance, data mining technologies, and social networks
* data forensic methods
* all things radio (preferably digital)
* self-sustaining and -reproducing hardware
* pollution free transport systems
* hacker anthropology and sociology of the scene
* flying cars, saucers and carpets
* 42
* tesla generators
* telecommunication technologies
* FPGA based analysis
* military technologies
* all kinds of voting computers
* ebooks
* satellites and rockets
(and countermeasures against all of the above).

=== Lecture Requirements ===

Lectures are expected to be highly relevant in practice or better be
darn funny. Sales droids and PR-people have been known to disappear
without traces on past events. Interactive workshops are welcome.
Hands-on anything are even more welcome.

Final presentations for talks should be up to 60 minutes, for
workshops up to 60 or 120 minutes long. Additionally, a question-and-
answer period will be provided. Follow-up discussions and hands-on
workshops are strongly encouraged, there will be space for such
activities available outside the main lecture shelters (if you don't
prefer a nice sit-in on the grass in the sun).

Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published online
in various formats. All material will be available under a Creative
Commons licence allowing free non-commercial redistribution of the
material as long as the original credit to authors and publishers is
retained.

=== Submissions ===

All proposals MUST be submitted online using our lecture submission
system at https://pentabarf.cccv.de/submission/Camp+2007 . Please
follow the instructions given there. You can provide papers and
slides for the digital conference pack upon submission. Please make
sure your submission contains all information we need to review your
talk and send us everything in one go.

If you have any questions regarding your submission, feel free to
contact us at camp-content@...v.de but do NOT submit your lecture via
e-mail.

Accepted speakers are asked to hand in slides used in their talks.
Please use a well-known format for your slides.

=== Dates and deadlines ===

The deadline for submission is May, 15th, 2007. This deadline is
final. If there are remaining slots, we offer a second deadline on
June, 5th. Accepted submissions between May, 15th, and June, 5th,
will then be allocated to the remaining slots.

Notification of acceptance will be sent out by June, 27th, or
earlier. Early submissions will be treated with higher priority.

--
"I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and
scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children