Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:45:19 +0300
From: 3APA3A <3APA3A@...URITY.NNOV.RU>
To: "Michael Silk" <michaelslists@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>,
	Secure Coding <SC-L@...urecoding.org>
Subject: Re: Chinese Professor Cracks Fifth Data Security
	Algorithm (SHA-1)

Dear Michael Silk,

First,  by  reading  'crack'  I thought lady can recover full message by
it's signature. After careful reading she can bruteforce collisions 2000
times faster.

SHA-1  is  160  bit  hash. Bruteforced 2000 times faster, it retains the
strength  of  149-bit  hash for bruteforce collision attack (150 bit for
birthday attack) by given text (MD5 is 128 bit). Great achievement. This
can only be treated seriously by US court, like it was with MD5 :)

--
~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/
Èòàê, ÿ áóäó êðàòîê. (Òâåí)