Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 00:59:44 -0400
From: wac <waldoalvarez00@...il.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Windows .ANI LoadAniIcon third party patch latest
	version 0.3 (so people can rollback their system before
	applying the patches)

Hello:

I see that today I'm getting downloads from the website. Incredible
yesterday (1:27 am here in -5 GMT) got more than the first day. Well anyway
that could be maybe because people doesn't know that the Microsoft patch is
out there or... just want to see. Who knows? Well previous versions were not
completely finished since they didn't contained the unpatch part (however
seems that was usefull for some people since got no complaints and some
downloads(93) after the first release) However I have no idea of how many
people is using it, I assume that should be more than 93 since some
distribution should have taken other ways (e-mails, other websites, etc) .
Well If you used the patch and want to uninstall it (I strongly recommend
that), use this version before applying the patch from Microsoft to make
sure everything goes OK, I have no idea if it gives problems or not to apply
the microsoft patch on top of mine. If doing that doesn't gives problems
well was decided to finish it anyway. I am the kind who likes to be sure and
not to take chances as much as possible. By the way you don't need the saved
backup. I am just patching the patched version with the original bytes. That
should make ppl loose less time (no need to search for the backup) while
doing the restoration ;). I did it that way too since was not going to take
me much time as it was basically the same. I just copied that code instead
of making a function buy hey ... who cares? And.. yes string handling should
be pretty broken in the two latest versions but again. Who cares? There was
no time for that with a worm out there infecting even banks. Yes I know a
couple that use windows in their servers and in internal networks I hope
that they are all up to date by now but I doubt it. Sometimes years later
you see the vulnerability in some places. Enough talk for now, let me know
if something is wrong to fix it, or...  fix it yourself. I gotta sleep.

binaries here:
http://aircash.sourceforge.net/micro-distro-0.3-bin.zip

sources here:
http://aircash.sourceforge.net/micro-distro-0.3-src.zip