Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:23:45 -0400
From: "J. Oquendo" <sil@...iltrated.net>
To: Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Stereotyping DoS and Don'ts

Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu wrote:

> History is always written by the winning side.

I couldn't agree more
> On the flip side, is there actually *any* one person who's in a position
> to give "the real scoop" on how things looked from the hacker/cracker side
> of the fence for that decade?
I think there are about two handfuls that I know of that can place it all
together but I also know in doing so many careers could be ruined as well
as current businesses to some degree.

> I can think of a bunch of people who could
> talk about their corner of the scene, but by 1990 it was big enough that
> no one person could know all of it other than by hearsay....

Of the people I had in mind, it definitely would not be hearsay. When I
describe the 90's I'm talking about the mid through late 90's and I mean
this in the sense of those who were making noise on the scene with their
attacks - keep in mind the original post was about script kiddiots (DoS)
so I believe on that portion of individuals who were out attacking
sites, defacing, etc., it would be easier than you think to put the
puzzle together name names and give accounts of what truly happened.

Would be an interesting read, but the author would also face the wraith
of feds because they could possibly expose snitches, informants, rats
however you want to call them.

J. Oquendo
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1383A743
sil . infiltrated @ net http://www.infiltrated.net

The happiness of society is the end of government.
John Adams

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5157 bytes)