Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 13:05:00 -0600 (MDT)
From: Bruce Ediger <eballen1@...st.net>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: WEEPING FOR WEP

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 neal.krawetz@....hush.com wrote:

> moderate risk) environments, you need to remember: security is a
> measurement of risk. If the threat is low enough, then WEP should
> be fine.

Wait just a minute.  Do you propose to say that "security" is an economic
good, with associated opportunity costs and benefits?  But just the other
day, all the anti-virus vendors and trade rags in the world seemed to
say that "security" was binary, and "on" is the preferred state.

What the sam scratch is going on around here?  Do I have to make a tradeoff,
again?