Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:59:15 -0500
From: "Allen,Steve" <steve.allen@...s.state.tx.us>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: INVASION OF THE CHILD HACKERS

"Tot"? What the hell is that?
Doc - um, you're trippin'. My 5 yr old is on the internet all the time, she
can navigate to her own favorite web pages, sometimes we read the news
together and talk about what's going on in the world [she likes BBC's web
site]. She asks me about my work & what I'm doing with my computer. We
google sharks, horses, last weekend we identified a species of moth in our
back yard using the internet [the hummingbird moth], we learned about
tornadoes-chasers [we watched a house getting lifted off its foundation -
way cool!]. My daughter & I learn about all kinds of groovy stuff together
using the internet. I'm very proud of her & her computer skills. Personally,
I think you're a little whack, so I'm gonna clue you in - It's the freakin
21 century. The crux of the biscuit here is that parents should stay 110%
involved with kids, all the time about everything they're up to. Raising
children takes a whole lot of time, effort and commitment; my security job
here is a cake walk in comparison. And it's NOT about "the internet" [Bad
internet! Bad!]. Lame lame lame lame! She's gonna be on a computer anyway -
what? you wanna stop kids from learning about the web? Get real! We need to
be along side them teaching them, NOT hide it from them! And btw -  children
are highly intelligent @ 3 - their communication skills are their limiting
factor. Computers are a great way for young people to communicate. Bottom
line = The internet is a tool, period. No one should be leaving children
alone, unsupervised - in front of the web or any other tool. The web is not
some new way to baby-sit your shorty so you can get your frickin things
done. End note: my daughter is learning things @ 5 w/ the web that I was
learning when I was 15 w/o the web. She & her friends are our future,
they'll be saving our asses when we're old & frail & they'll be using the
internet [or their version of it, whatever that will be]. I think it's great
that my daughter is this smart - christ! I wish I had the internet when I
was a kid! Besides, we can watch the old foghorn leghorn & bugs bunny
cartoons AND homey the clown all on you tube! WooHOO!  Homey! Homey! Homey!
Homey! Homey! Homey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOL60DbgzYg
budda boom budda bing - it's a sweet deal. Sorry all - the paternal
instincts took over. I'll shut up now... [no winking little doodle]