Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:09:23 -0400
From: Kradorex Xeron <admin@...ibase.ca>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Apache/PHP REQUEST_METHOD XSS Vulnerability

This is a case of poor-programming, on the script coder's part, it is not so
much a vunerability.

That variable only contains what it is sent by apache. it doesn't parse it.
nor is it supposed to. If you want to ensure there is no XSS going on, parse
the variable, escape characters, etc as it IS user input.

This CAN be a vulnerability with individual scripts, however, it is not a vuln
with PHP or Apache.