Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 14:52:26 +0100
From: "Robert McArdle" <robertmcardle@...il.com>
To: "Davide Del Vecchio" <dante@...ghieri.org>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Retrieving "deleted" sms/mms from Nokia phone
	(Symbian S60)

I downloaded the latest Version of Nokia PC Suite from the Nokia site (6.8.3Rel
14.1). I then sent a message to myself and deleted it after it arrived.
Backing up my phone created a single .ndu file (not multiple dats). I
analyzed the strings in the file (file uses no compression/packing) and
although I can see all my other Messages/Contacts - the test message was not
present.

The test was carried out on a Nokia N73 running Symbian 9.X

Robert McArdle
--
www.RobertMcArdle.com/blog/ - Techie/Security/Inane Ramblings

--