Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:12:53 +0200
From: CyTRAP Labs - advisory <Report_exploit@...RAP.eu>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: CyTRAP Labs - Urs+Nahum's Security Checklist

Dear Colleagues,

I thought this might be of interest....regulators have done their best to
improve legislation to help organizations to better protect their
information systems.

Unfortunately and as a result of this, organizations have been buried in an
avalanche of conflicting requirements that are difficult to keep track
off.  They are expected to demonstrate an acceptable standard of due care
in managing their computing infrastructures and the information that
networks and systems create, transmit, and store. Moreover, they have to
show that all this helps reduce the risk against having their systems
misused for criminal activities.

Hence, we thought we write Urs+Nahum's Security Checklist. It provides well
structured information that enables high-level reporting, thus empowering
executive and technical leaders with a greater ability to make informed
decisions. It prioritizes numerous requirements that managers need, guiding
them through the process that improves corporate risk management and
information security while helping improve confidentiality of data and
citizens' privacy.

You can get a short summary here:

- short summary about Urs+Nahum's Security Checklist  - press release --
http://info.cytrap.eu/?page_id=64

- an advanced copy of  Urs+Nahum's Security Checklist  pdf 350 KB for
download -  http://regustand.cytrap.eu/?p=1  (PS. it is complementary and
free for everybody, of course)

Urs+Nahum's Security Checklist will be released May 30, 2007.  We hope that
it will be useful to you all.... in your daily work. Please let us know
what you think about this work, if you can spare the time, of course.

Enjoy your long weekend.

Cordially

Urs E. Gattiker
       CyTRAP Labs