Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:37:01 +0100
From: "pdp (architect)" <pdp.gnucitizen@...glemail.com>
To: "security@...ed.com" <security@...ed.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: The Next Super JavaScript Malware - the web
	has crashed

The reason, attacker will go for XSSED.com instead of providing their
own database is that XSSED has bigger audience and the chances for
someone contributing a new vector are higher. Web2.0 is all about
segmenting services in small independent but very useful blocks. So,
why bother create a new database when you can use whatever is already
available online. IMHO, malware code that makes use of various
databases online can impact the Web to an extend beyond our
imagination.

For sure you can shut down the service at any given time but that
won't make any difference at all. I use XSSED.com as an example,
because it is the biggest database available today. If you shut down
the service, it wont take long for attackers to find another database
and reconfigure the infrastructure to support it as well. In fact,
attackers can submit XSS vectors to Google Base.