Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:10:57 -0500 (EST)
From: "Steven Adair" <steven@...urityzone.org>
To: "Christopher Soghoian" <csoghoian@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: New Vulnerability against Firefox/ Major
 Extensions

We are also at risk from rogue developers, people that have
hacked/poisoned your trusted DNS provider, those that have modified your
/etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf, windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (and/or
related files), people that have hacked the update server and put there
own malicious version there, and the unlocked workstation attack from an
attacker with a USB flash drive with a malicious update that might sit
down at your workstation and -pwn- you.

Steven