Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:45:58 -0400
From: "James Landis" <jcl24@...nell.edu>
To: "Michal Zalewski" <lcamtuf@...ne.ids.pl>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, websecurity@...appsec.org
Subject: Re: [WEB SECURITY] Re: SECNICHE : Dwelling
	Security is On the Run

While I generally agree with your assessment of the self-aggrandizing
nature of Aditya's posts, I would argue that "Double Trap" XSS is at
least academically interesting. It can defeat even a perfect filter
designed to catch only a single valid instance of script tags in user
input.

I say academically because attempting to do input filtering to stop
XSS is a horrible approach; anyone attempting to write input filters
to catch the infinite permutations of executable markup and myriad
encodings thereof is wasting his time.

-j