Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 04:36:46 +0200
From: Martin Zimmermann <mdz@...hest.com>
To: HACK THE GOV <hackthegov@...glemail.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: n3td3v says second internet exists

HACK THE GOV ranted:

> "
>

>   secret information regarding second internet
>
> Reader post by: n3td3v
> Posted on: June 15, 2007, 6:14 AM PDT
> Story: Coming attractions for history's first cyber-war
> <http://news.com.com/2010-7349-6191184.html?tag=tb>
>
> the government are building a second internet incase this one goes down.

On who ?

> not only is the second internet being built incase the first one gets
> attaced, infact the government plan to eventually switch everyone over
> to the second internet because its being built with security in mind.

Shhhhh, dont tell anybody.. But theres a super secret web 1.0 page for
the choosen few. Since everybody knows you are a ûberhacker I guess we
better let you in on it.. -> http://www.internet2.edu/ .And make sure
you do not mention the secret European network either
http://www.dante.net/geant/ . Just dont let anybody else know about
these (especially the non-belivers on Full-Disclosure)

> the problem with the first internet is, its not very secure and from
> the governments point of view not very well designed for
> counter-terrorism eaves dropping.

Except off course a "not very secure" network would actually be much
easier to eaves-drop on, wouldent it ?. Or are you saying the new super
secure Internet is cleattext protocol only ? Please advise..

> new protocols and processes are being developed on the new internet
> which will be exclusively used by the u.s government until the roll
> out in 20 to 30 years time, although the u.s government will cut that
> public release timeline if a major breakdown of the internet occurs
> through cyberattacks.

20 - 30 years ?? Im getting my Internet 2.0 fiber access on monday, but
I do know "somewbody".

> in high level meetings with corporate america officials, technical
> details of how to let corporate security experts switch over to the
> highly classified second internet project in time of national
> emergency was disclosed.
>
> all parties involved in talks have signed documents to stop them
> talking about it in pub;lic, although details of the second internet
> have been obtained by international hackers, who have become firmilar
> with the project.

FYI, All the "international hackers" needed turned out to be a browser
of their own choice + access to Google.

> documents containing the plans for the second internet were downloaded
> off government computer networks by underground hackers,

Dude, Im confused now, are they  "international hackers" or "underground
hacker" ? Or are you saying theres perhaps a combination of both ??.

> and therefore the information regarding the second internet project
> have been leaked.
>
> it is unclear how far on in development the project is, due to the
> papers obtained by illegal authorised entry into u.s government
> networks was not marked as the same time period as when the papers of
> the plans were obtained by the illegal means of international hackers.

Whoooa ! You totally lost me there !. But was it something about
timelines ? Try here -> http://www.internet2.edu/about/timeline/ (also
highly secret !)

> in private the government are trying not to talk about cyber attacks
> too much so not to over talk the risk to national government and
> e-commerce interests, but in truth they are only too aware of the
> threat to their own communications and anti missle systems, therefore
> a second highly classified internet was advised by top level
> whitehosue advisors who have consulted with cyber security experts in
> classified meetings with government officals.

So only people at the White House, Internet Security experts, Goverment
officials, most major US & EU universitys + the Full-Disclosure list
know?. Can I also tell my friend Joe (he'll think Im sooo cool) ??

> the saftey net known as the second internet may save america from
> certain national economic disaster and attacks to u.s army defense
> systems in a time of real world war when nuclear and cyber attacks are
> likely to happen.

Decrypt this with your decoder ring:

*Fail
You
Life
At !*

Hugz

MDZ

> link:http://news.com.com/5208-7349_3-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=28254&messageID=278411&start=-1
> <http://news.com.com/5208-7349_3-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=28254&messageID=278411&start=-1>

"If you think technology is gonna solve your security problems, then you dont understand your problems, and you dont understand the technology.." - Bruce Schneier

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000749-2, 16-06-2007
Tested on: 17-06-2007 04:36:49

Content of type "text/html" skipped