Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 00:34:53 +0530
From: Susam Pal <susam@...am.in>
To: Neeraj Agarwal <nee.agl@...il.com>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Google/Orkut Authentication/Session
 Management Issue PoC - Interim Results

An Orkut session cookie once stolen can be used by an attacker to mess
with the compromised account as long as the session associated with that
cookie remains alive at the server. Unfortunately, in case of Orkut, it
remains alive even after the user has logged out.

Joseph's experiment proves that it takes a pretty long time for the
session to expire. So, the user of a compromised account has to either
wait for the session to expire or hope that Google does something to
terminate the sessions of the users who have logged out.

Regards,
Susam Pal
http://susam.in/