Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:40:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bob Bruen <bruen@...drain.net>
To: Jim Popovitch <yahoo@...pop.com>
Cc: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Wachovia Bank website sends confidential
 information

Hi Jim,

No, I did not "declare the whole of Wachovia technically challenged based
on the one incident at a security conference.." What I was pointing out is
that the current problem of their failure to put up a secure web and their
failure to respond to notification about has another data point from 6
about months ago.

In general enterprises send only a small group of people to any given
conference, so no, the whole of Wachovia did not attend. Nevertheless,
when you are the one attending, you are a representive of that enterprise.

You seemed to have missed the point that I was adding to a discussion, not
trying to create a new one. My point was in the dustbin, where it would
have stayed, until the current discussion appeared.

             -- bob

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 12:03 -0400, Bob Bruen wrote:
>> While it is true that lots of folk pick on vendors for a few minutes of
>> fame, the Wachovia case is slightly different.
>>
>> They do have an attitude problem and are technically challenged. The basis
>> for this is a law enforcement conference about six months ago. During a
>> pressentation a Wachovia representative told a speaker to stop blaming the
>> banks for problems. This was the third presentation this individual has
>> listened to in which each speaker had blamed the banks for not doing
>> enough and the frustration level was a bit high.
>
> So you declare the whole of Wachovia technically challenged based on the
> one incident at a security conference (did all of Wachovia attend?) six
> months ago?  Come on. ;-)
>
> Wachovia, like every other large enterprise, has good, mediocre, and bad
> employees.  It's a fact of life, but not a news worthy story.  I'm sure
> that some days the best and brightest represent Wachovia at some
> conference somewhere, and I am equally sure that some days the worst and
> most deplorable represent Wachovia at some conference somewhere.  It
> happens.
>
> -Jim P.

Dr. Robert Bruen
Cold Rain Technologies