Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:15:52 +0200
From: security@...ns.com
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk,bugtraq@...urityfocus.com
Subject: n.runs-SA-2007.020 - Norman Antivirus ACE parsing
	Arbitrary Code Execution Advisory

n.runs AG
http://www.nruns.com/                              security(at)nruns.com
n.runs-SA-2007.020                                           23-Jul-2007

Vendor:                Norman, http://www.norman.com
Affected Products:     All Norman Antivirus Solutions
Vulnerability:         Arbitrary Code Execution (remote)
Risk:                  CRITICAL

Vendor communication:

  2007/05/07        Initial notification to Norman together with our RFP
  2007/05/08        Norman Responses asking for the PoC files
  2007/05/08        Request public PGP keys
  2007/05/08        PGP keys exchange
  2007/05/08        PoC files sent to Norman
  2007/05/08        Norman has PGP incompatible version problems
  2007/05/08        Norman requests n.runs to send the PoC files RAR'ed
                    with password sent in in a separate mail
  2007/05/08        Send the PoC files RAR'ed with password.
  2007/05/08        Send the RAR'ed files password.
  2007/05/08        Norman validates the vulnerabilities and informs that
                    the vulnerabilities will take long QA process because
                    the update for this vulnerabilities will need system
                    reboot.
  2007/05/09        n.runs thanks for the feedback and asks for an
                    estimation of time to fix the vulnerabilities
  2007/05/23        Ping Norman for a replay
  2007/05/23        Norman replays that has forwarded the PoC files to
                    their engine/unpacker programmers, but hasn't
                    received any update as to how fast these can be fixed.
  2007/05/23        n.runs thanks Norman for the feedback and reminds to
                    keep aligned with n.runs RFP (for the delay in the
                    replay)
  2007/06/19        Ping to Norman for update on fix status and reminds
                    that the communication have to be aligned with
                    n.runs RFP
  2007/06/19        Norman replays that can't decrypt the last mail (the
                    PING mail of the same date) and that has generated a
                    new DH/DSS key to use.
  2007/06/19        Re-Send the Ping to Norman for status update
                    encrypted with the new Norman's key
  2007/07/05        n.runs requests a replay to the ping In Clear Text
                    including the before mentioned PING mails as the
                    contents have no sensitive information.
  2007/07/05        Norman replays and acknowledges that has received the
                    previous PING mail and adds the "Head of Engine
                    Development Team" in the loop.
  2007/07/05        Norman's "Head of Engine Development Team" replays
                    that The OLE2 issues should be resolved with the
                    latest scanner engine (5.91.02) and that the
                    decompression issues, the crash cases will be
                    resolved soon, and he would expect an update to be
                    available within the next month
  2007/07/05        n.runs thanks for the update information, also asks
                    how the credits are going to be handled and reminds