Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:23:37 -0600
From: Tremaine Lea <tremaine@...il.com>
To: nick@...us-l.demon.co.uk
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: Re: Hash

>> This message is confidential.  ...
>
> Yet you wilfully and knowingly posted it to a public-access mailing
> list with tens of thousands of subscribers and that is well-known
> to be
> archived in many places across the net?
>
> You must be a prize moron...

Actually I think you might be the one taking the prize....

>> ...  It may also contain information that is
>> privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.  ...
>
> ...who can't afford a lawyer with half a clue, and will now never be
> able to meaningfully defend any kind of accidental Email-borne
> "disclosure" of anything, as you've just admitted, on the public
> record, that you are too stupid to tell if something is privileged or
> legally exempt from disclosure, THUS your only legally defensible
> position regarding such material in future is to ensure that you never
> handle any of it, but as (by your own admission) you cannot tell what
> that it is, you must cut yourself off from all information, a clearly
> impossible task.  In short, you've put yourself in the paradoxical
> position of being both knowingly and negligently responsible for any
> and all "improper" disclosures of any and all "sensitive" material you
> should ever happen across in future.
>
> Good luck ever getting hired again -- it would take a seriously stupid
> employer to take on such a liability as you!

<snip of more blithering>

> Regards,
>
> Nick FitzGerald

Apparently you've never heard of a mail administrator tagging
outbound email for all users. It's pretty common.  Of course, you may
lack the experience of dealing with large companies.

Have a nice day.

- ---
Tremaine Lea
Network Security Consultant