Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:36:53 +0800
From: "Just1n T1mberlake" <hotpackets@...lokitty.com>
To: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk
Subject: .R4L - n.runs Infinite Antivirus Posting
	Vulnerabilities

[.r4l vulnerability release 200708280002 07-28-01]

.r4l crew has discovered n.runs infinite antivirus posting vulnerabilities

n.runs delivers solutions based on our clients´ requirements as specified by the client. This not only fulfills the expectations of the clients, but in most cases far exceeds what was anticipated. n.runs have two fully massive fists right up their ringers hey. With this in mind, we have formed individual consulting teams, who are trained and specialized in the conception of solutions in the areas of our technical consulting services. A large investment of time and money has been placed into these teams to develop solutions which can then completely be adapted to fit specific client requirements.

--[ Vulnerabilities ]--

1. n.runs AG has been found to post repeatedly to Internet mailing lists with details about Anti-Virus products.

2. Most of these vulnerabilities relate to inappropriate expansion of old archive files.

--[ Recommendation ]--

n.runs AG begin using newer archive formats. Older archive formats are known to have vulnerabilities and are not recommended for use.

--[ Vendor Response ]--

n.runs - We will stop using .lha however .arc is still widely in use within our office. No patches will be provided.

--[ Credits ]--

Thanks to the following
knuckles
sloppy